Windows Server Administrator
Position Title: Windows Server Administrator
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Interview: In-Person Interviews
Duration: This is a temporary position for 2nd/3rd shift work - It could end as soon as the end of this August or last through the end of this calendar year
- Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- May function as a niche SME.
- Demonstrates expertise in teaching/conveying technical and/or functional courses/concepts.
- Develops appropriate work programs/budgets and use to effectively schedule tasks/assignments.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Actively contributes as an expert or actual designer.
- Coordinates product design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
- Provides accurate estimates for design and programming efforts for system changes and enhancements.
- Coordinates enhancements to business and logical data models with data base administration to make the appropriate changes to the physical data model.
- Confirms that technical architecture will support all changes required by product enhancements.
- Effectively leads product tests and trials.
- Identifies appropriate business examples to illustrate key concepts / features.
- Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team.
- Develops contingency plans as necessary.
- Applies specific expertise to ensure that products meet defined customer objectives.
- Anticipates and resolve issues specific to the team.
- Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identifies and tracks issues, risks and action items.
- Makes sound recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the product.
- Analyzes the functional and technical impact of product planning decisions.
- Develops appropriate functional and usability standards for products.
- Tracks and document expected volume and type of use of the product.
- Participates in product design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
- Performs impact analyses on production fixes and enhancements to establish priorities.
- Provides basic product support and provide accurate and complete answers to detailed product questions in a timely manner.
- Provides effective on-site product support as needed.
- Accurately sets severity of identified defects.
- Provides input to training and / or documentation materials regarding latest technical and functional design changes.
- Documents all work for future reference.
- Reviews the system test approach and conditions used as the basis for detailed test scenarios.
- Follows quality standards.
- Analytical and customer service skills.
- Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Completes assigned tasks.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years: MS Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016 R2 Experience (environment of 30+ Servers)
- 5+ years: Knowledge of Active Directory
- 5+ years: MCSE
- 5+ years: Network and Application monitoring and troubleshooting
- Excellent Market Salary
- Competitive Benefit Packages Incl. Medical Ins, Term Life Ins, Retirement Plan, Flexible Spend Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Positive Work-Life Balance
Domino Technologies is based in the Harrisburg PA area - the capital city of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the county seat of Dauphin County.
The mission of Domino Technologies is to provide clients with IT solutions for their individual business processes that lead to strategic market advantages. Since its founding in 1996, Domino Technologies has built a solid record of performance working with clients in the private sector and government. Domino Technologies, Inc. is a Tier-1 vendor for the PA Information Technology Staff Augmentation contract and major IT vendors.
*‘ Top 50 Fastest Growing Company Award’ from Central Penn Business Journal.*
*Domino Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Roy has over 30 years of experience in the Information Technology field. Roy joined Domino Technologies in 2007 and is responsible for account management and client/employee relations. Roy’s focus has been building a strong Company reputation and recruiting a team to service Domino’s growth. Roy’s vast experience within the IT industry includes expertise in recruiting, account management, mentoring, and business development.
Roy enjoys numerous outdoor activities, cooking, and spending time with family and friends.