Business Analyst 3
Title: Business Analyst 3
Location: Harrisburg, Pa
7 plus years relevant experience
The Senior Business Analyst will develop and document the business analysis and requirements to build an automated performance dashboard for Human Resources and Information Technology. The dashboard will be updated quarterly and currently requires significant upfront manual data preprocessing and backend report generation activities with multiple touch points and data sources. The tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct research and meets with senior HR and IT professionals to understand, define and document the requirements (functional and nonfunctional) regarding data elements, metrics, performance measures, standards/benchmarks, monitoring, and reporting for dashboards
- Lead and facilitate discussions with key stakeholders for the solidification and validation of dashboard metrics regarding the specific core/root data elements, performance measures criteria, standards/benchmarks, data manipulation/transactions, and respective data sources.
- Facilitate sessions to gather and document requirements for the landing page or main portal for the HR and IT performance dashboard to ensure it is easy to use for customers; facilitate testing and training sessions with end users as necessary.
- Consult with data owners, stewards, source systems experts, technical architects, and producers of the metrics dashboards to understand, analyze, formulate executable approaches and define requirements for establishing automated source data file creation generated from multiple source systems.
- Research and analyses of current and future business processes, procedures, and governance aspects regarding the oversight, ownership, operations (i.e., Business and IT) and for effective management of the dashboards; develop process flow diagrams, guidelines, and procedures to align with future end state.
- Own and perform all activities associated with requirements management (i.e., defining, analyzing, rationalizing, categorizing, validating, prioritizing, tracking, and documenting).
- Advises client on alternate methods of solving need, problem, or recommendations for the specific solution.
- Coordinate with senior leadership, technical leads and project manager as required; providing status updates, reports, and reporting specific risks and issues.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
• Experience conducting Facilitated Workshops for requirements analysis.
• Experience creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
• Knowledge of formal requirements gathering methodologies.
• Experience developing Business Requirements - project initiation document, what the needed achievements will be, and the quality measures.
• Experience developing Functional requirements - describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business requirements.
• Experience developing User (stakeholder) requirements - are a very important part of the deliverables, the needs of the stakeholders will have to be correctly interpreted. This deliverable can also reflect how the product will be designed, developed, and define how test cases must be formulated.
• Experience developing Quality-of-service (non-functional) requirements - requirements that do not perform a specific function for the business requirement but are needed to support the functionality. For example: performance, scalability, quality of service (QoS), security and usability.
• Experience developing Report Specifications - define the purpose of a report, its justification, attributes and columns, owners and runtime parameters.
• Experience developing Requirements Traceability Matrix - a cross matrix for recording the requirements through each stage of the requirements gathering process.
• Strong organization and writing skills.
• Experienced developing graphic representations of complex business processes.
Market salary, benefits - Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid vacation and Holidays.
The mission of Domino Technologies is to provide clients with IT solutions for their individual business processes that lead to strategic market advantages. Since its founding in 1996, Domino Technologies has built a solid record of performance working with clients in the private sector and government.
*‘ Top 50 Fastest Growing Company Award’ from Central Penn Business Journal.
*Tier-1 vendor for the PA Information Technology Staff Augmentation contract and major IT vendors.
*Domino Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior HR Manager
With over 21 years of experience in Human Resource Management, Desa oversees all aspects of our HR Department. She draws her expertise from years of HR Management, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, Training & Development.