Citrix Netscaler Engineer
Title: Citrix Netscaler Engineer
Location: Harrisburg, PA
The Citrix Netscaler Engineer will be responsible for supporting Netscaler appliances that front-end and load balance intranet and internet applications. The successful candidate will have solid, hands-on experience with configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Netscaler appliances and the interaction of Netscaler appliances with other network infrastructure. Candidates for this position must have, and demonstrate, extensive knowledge of load balancing technology including algorithms and health check options. The Netscaler Engineer will possess solid, hands-on TCP/IP network skills to diagnose and troubleshoot the Netscaler appliances as part of any network issues that are received by the customer’ s network team; and will be engaged to also help diagnose response time issues for applications that pass through the Netscaler. Additionally, the qualified candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of firewalls and the roles that firewall rules play in the network for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, including knowledge of reverse proxies, VLANs and Virtual IP addresses.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Microsoft IIS
- Knowledge of the Windows server environment, and a basic understanding of VMware virtualization and impacts that it may have on planning and implementing firewall rules
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, critical to this position to facilitate discussion and documentation of network issues with other IT systems support personnel and the network providers that deliver services to the remote locations
- May be required to work non-standard hours, on occasion, to complete some of the network maintenance activities to avoid disrupting users or systems during the normal business day.
- Provide full administration of all Citrix NetScaler load balancing appliances
- Device upgrade tasks
- Content switch and virtual service administration
- Redirect and response policy creation and administration
- Access gateway administration
- Perform troubleshooting of web traffic related issues and cluster management
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Citrix Netscaler Engineer
- Extensive knowledge and experience with hosting SSL certificates on Citrix NetScaler
- Extensive knowledge of Citrix NetScaler VIP configuration with health check
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix NetScaler responder policy configuration
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway configurations
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix NetScaler content switching configurations
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix Application Firewall.
- Knowledge and experience with reverse proxy and SSL VPN.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting related to Netscaler.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience troubleshooting issues where the Netscaler is part of the network path.
- Hands-on experience diagnosing and addressing end-user response time issues.
- Hands-on load balancing experience with Server Monitoring and Load Balancing, Content switching and SSL offload techniques.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge and experience in Virtual IP addresses, VLANS, Reverse Proxy, DMZ, Network Address Translation (NAT), and additional networking techniques from the standpoint of implementing appropriate IT security and isolation techniques across IT security zones
- Hands-on network troubleshooting, diagnostic, and resolution skills
- Experience with network packet capture techniques and use of LAN sniffer technology
- Experience with network packet analysis
- Working knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls
- Understanding of firewall rules
- Knowledge of firewall rules and network security related to TCP/IP networks
- Diagnosing network issues that may be related to firewall rules
- Hands-on experience with other networking technologies, like F5 will also be considered.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems in an enterprise environment with more than 20, 000 application users
- Experience and knowledge of VMware as it relates to networking and IT security plans.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
The mission of Domino Technologies is to provide clients with IT solutions for their individual business processes that lead to strategic market advantages. Since its founding in 1996, Domino Technologies has built a solid record of performance working with clients in the private sector and government. Domino Technologies, Inc. is a Tier-1 vendor for the PA Information Technology Staff Augmentation contract and major IT vendors. *Domino Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent Market Salary
- Competitive Benefit Packages Incl. Medical Ins, Term Life Ins, Retirement Plan, Flexible Spend Accts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Positive Work-Life Balance
Domino Technologies is based in the Harrisburg PA area - the capital city of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the county seat of Dauphin County. It lies on the east bank of the Susquehanna River and is the anchor of the Susquehanna Valley metropolitan area.
Senior Account Executive
Jason is a Senior member of our recruiting team and has a strong commitment and a proven record of both client and candidate satisfaction. He strives to build long-lasting relationships with both the candidates and clients by listening, understanding and addressing their needs.
Jason came to Domino Technologies in February of 2018 after retiring from the USAF where he spent the last eleven years of his military career in Recruiting and as a Recruiting and Retention Manager for the Pennsylvania Air National Guard. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends and being outdoors anywhere from the mountains to the beach.