Network Server Engineer
Harrisburg, PA 17101 US
Become a member of a growing team of Information Technology professionals making an impact and providing solutions for Government and Commercial clients since 1996 – Join the Domino Tech Team!
Client: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS)
Position Title: PSERS – Network Server Engineer XXX (XXXXXX)
Location: Hybrid Remote Off-Site and On-Site (as required) in Harrisburg, PA
Duration: Initial term through 06/30/2023 (+ Annual Renewal in 1-Year Terms)
PSERS is seeking a team member for their Infrastructure Support Team, working with Security Team, Technical Support Team/IT Service Desk, and Application Teams/Developers. This position will be primarily responsible for deploying and supporting network and server infrastructure components. Essential job duties include;
- System Administration: VMware, Windows Servers, Core Infrastructure Services
- Hyperconverged storage system – Nutanix
- Backup and Recovery system – Quest Rapid Recovery
- Active Directory Support
The Network Server Engineer will possess the following characteristics;
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Demonstrated customer focus, building strong customer relationships, and providing timely and courteous technical support.
- Strong analytical skills – strong problem-solving skills, can communicate in a clear manner and effectively evaluates information to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and
develop plans to resolve them.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Creativity – must be able to adapt well to ever changing needs as driven by the customer and be able to think “outside the box” to provide solutions to problems.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
The Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Any of the following certificates highly desirable – Cisco, Azure, Microsoft 365, ITILv4
- Expert Level – Active Directory Groups/Users/Group Policy Management, DNS, DHCP, PKI
- Expert Level - composing clear well formatted technical documentation for end-users and technical support teams
- Expert Level - providing Microsoft Windows Server OS support in an enterprise environment
- Expert Level - All aspects of Cisco Networking appliances and IOS commands for troubleshooting
- Expert Level – Incident and Change Management
- Highly Proficient – Firewall and System Log Analysis
- Highly Proficient - troubleshooting web browser application issues
- Proficient - SCCM for patching/reporting
- Proficient - scripting skills (VB Script, PowerShell)
- Proficient – Citrix and associated systems with Citrix
The mission of Domino Technologies, Inc. is to provide clients with IT solutions for their individual business processes that lead to strategic market advantages. Since its founding in 1996, the Domino Tech Team has built a solid record of performance working with clients in the Government and Commercial sectors.
- Excellent Market Salary
- Competitive Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Positive Work-Life Balance
Domino Technologies is based in the Harrisburg area – the capital city of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the county seat of Dauphin County. Located on the east bank of the Susquehanna River, Harrisburg is the anchor of the Susquehanna Valley metropolitan area.
Contact Us Today!
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Operations
Roy has over 30 years of experience in the Information Technology field. Roy joined Domino Technologies in 2007 and is responsible for account management and client/employee relations. Roy’s focus has been building a strong Company reputation and recruiting a team to service Domino’s growth. Roy’s vast experience within the IT industry includes expertise in recruiting, account management, mentoring, and business development.
Roy enjoys numerous outdoor activities, cooking, and spending time with family and friends.